White Squirrel

White Squirrel, Olney, IllinoisMerry Christmas everyone. I’ll be back in the new year with more wildlife photos from around the world. In the meantime, here’s a white squirrel, photographed in Olney, Illinois a few years back.
Nikon D300 with Nikkor 200-400mm lens (at 400mm) ISO 800, f/4 at 1/1000th of a second

This entry was posted in North America.

9 Comments

1. Larry Ehemann December 25, 2017 at 2:07 am #

Thanks Sean for brighting m’y year with your superb photos!

2. Sue December 25, 2017 at 8:00 am #

What a greeting card this sweet image would make!
    Sean, thank you so much for bringing us your great photography from around our globe.
    Each image has been a gift!

Merry Christmas!

3. Rachel Bellenoit December 25, 2017 at 9:01 am #

A white squirrel and Christmas lights, too! Merry Christmas to you, Sean, and thanks for sharing the beauty of your photographs with us every day. And, along the same line, thanks, also, for always answering my technical questions. I’ve just added a link to my camera club website so our members can also see the beauty you bring to us every day. – Best, Rachel

4. Marcia Zanko December 25, 2017 at 9:43 am #

Merry Christmas Sean🎄🎅. Thank you for starting my days with Beauty!! You have quite a talent, thank you for sharing. Happy New Year🥂

5. Peter Butterfield December 25, 2017 at 10:15 am #

—– Not lacking confidence
    —– This lucistic guy
    —– Fluffed and ready
    —– He will maintain though wind shall
    —– Blow and bring the snow
    —– He has running lights to guide.

A thousand thanks Sean
    HAPPY NEW YEAR to all

• Sue December 25, 2017 at 10:26 am #

Nice one, Peter! But, then I ALWAYS enjoy your verses.

6. Suzanne Morphet December 25, 2017 at 1:28 pm #

I wondered what wildlife shot you could possibly come up with for today (other than maybe reindeer) and you surprised and delighted me once again.
    Thanks for your daily dose of beauty and inspiration. Thanks also to Peter for his faithful following and wonderful way with words.
    Merry Christmas everyone
    Suzanne, in Victoria, BC where we’re enjoying a rare white Christmas.

7. Susan Rubeo December 25, 2017 at 1:29 pm #

Christmas Squirrel makes Holiday Complete
    Have a Merry one with friends & family looking forward to all U will bring us in new year

Aunt Sue

8. michael huber December 25, 2017 at 5:42 pm #

hello ever body, anew life has began for ever body today. hope ever body is happy and having a new great year thanks me.